The International Organisation of Palaeobotany promotes international co-operation in the study of all types of plant fossils. We achieve this through the publication of an informative newsletter and organisation of international conferences considering all aspects of palaeobotany. Organisational activities also include collaboration with other international bodies to ensure the continued scientific development of palaeobotany and its further integration within related fields.
- 2017: The Midcontinent Paleobotanical Colloquium (MPC), University of Michigan, USA, May 12-14.
- 2017: The XIX International Botanical Congress, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China, July 23- 29.
- 2018: International Palaeontological Congress, Paris, July 9-13, 2018.
- 2018: The 10th European Palaeobotany & Palynology Conference, Dublin, Ireland from August 12-17, 2018.
- 2020: The 2020 joint meeting of the International Organisation of Palaeobotany and the International Palynological Congress will be held in Prague, Czech Republic — more updates coming soon!
- The 2016 joint meeting of the International Palynological Congress and the International Organisation of Palaeobotany was successfully held from Oct. 23 to 28, 2016 at Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. The website is: http://www.ipciopcbrazil.com. Here is the Group Photo in low resolution and in high resolution (warning: slow download/display) — Click the link to open it in a new window, then right click to save the image.
NEW: Visit the IOP facebook site.
Visit IOP image archive (Members only, log in required).
Joining the International Organisation of Palaeobotany is easy and only $10 per annum! Simply fill in the membership form and pay securely online.
If you are already a member please login and check if your subscription is up to date. If you find you need to renew your membership please follow the "Renew" links on your Members' Account page.